Monday 17 June 2013

9 went to Prague...

Well I've been slightly busy over the last few weeks so this is the first of my posts for a while....

So a few of my lovely lady friends and I went to Prague for a long weekend.

What a beautiful city! I've been once before but I was only 12 and grumpy and embarrassed by my parents as 12 year olds often are.

We had three nights there, staying in the Mamaison Riverside - lovely hotel although the interior designers seem to have been very keen on red paint! If you haven't been to Prague it's fairly small for a capital city and most of the major attractions are within walking distance. Every morning we had a lovely walk along the river to the old town for a quick snack and to devise a plan of action, mainly revolving around eating, shopping, drinking mulled wine (Prague is beautiful, the weather was not!) and planning our evening-time shenanigans...

I would love to show you some pictures of the fabulous outfits I took to wear on the weekend but it was so cold and wet I stuck to jeans and a t-shirt most days. Never mind - I will just have to go away again so I can wear them. 

The main highlights of the weekend for me were the slightly terrifying Segway tour (I NEED a Segway - I could wear high heels all the time if I could power around on a Segway!) where I suddenly zoomed down a very steep hill and couldn't stop (I have a bad track record with these sort of things - ask me about quad bikes!), I also enjoyed the Ice Bar, in a 'so cold it destroys your hangover' kind of way, and I fell in love with a lovely cafe we found near the Kafka museum which sold the most amazing cakes and pancakes.

Enjoying the Ice Bar


Segway terror in the rain (I am the one crying with laughter!)

At the John Lennon Wall

Enjoying a local snack (it was like a croissant but wrapped around a stick and toasted over the fire)

   And finally, another hat for my growing hat collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment